Our School Code: 022229
STEP 1: Apply for FAFSA
1. Visit studentaid.gov or download the mobile app, mystudentaidapp, on Apple App Store or Google Play.
- Create your FSA ID and password if you have not established one before (if you are a dependent student, your parent will need to create their own FSA ID and password).
2. Add our Federal ID School Code: 022229 (for all programs)
3. Use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool to transfer tax information:
- Use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool if you have filed taxes. This process enables FAFSA to retrieve income and tax data directly from the IRS.
- You should only skip this step if Federal Tax Return is not filed or if the system doesn’t allow you to use the IRS DATA Retrieval Tool. Otherwise, you may be required to contact IRS directly to request the Federal Tax Return Transcript(s).
Please contact FSA Customer Service at 1-800-433-3243 for FSA ID & password problems.
STEP 2: Complete Entrance Counseling and Master Promissory Note (MPN)
NOTE: All students who are borrowing Federal Direct Student Loans must complete the MPN.
- Go to www.studentaid.gov
- Sign-in using your FSA ID.
- Click Complete Entrance Counseling/Master Promissory Note
- Click Subsidized/Unsubsidized
- Choose Washington for state and International Air & Hospitality Academy for school name.
- Provide two (2) personal references with addresses that are different from each other and from your own.
- Complete all required fields and review the disclosure information provided to submit your MPN.
STEP 3: Parent Loan for Undergraduate Students (PLUS)
For Dependent Students – Department of Education guidelines.
- Direct Parent Loan for Undergraduate Student (PLUS): if a parent is not a U.S. citizen or not an eligible non-citizen, you may skip this step. Student may be eligible for additional unsubsidized Federal Direct Student Loans after providing required documentation.
- A parent must complete the PLUS Authorization Application to determine for Direct Parent Loan for Undergraduate Student (PLUS) eligibility. When a PLUS Authorization Application is not approved, student may be eligible for additional unsubsidized Federal Direct Student Loans.
Completed form must be emailed to your Financial Aid Rep, mailed or faxed to:
2901 E. Mill Plain Blvd.
Vancouver, WA 98661
When a PLUS Authorization Application is approved and an approved parent wishes to take a PLUS (parents loan), the approved parent must complete the a PLUS Master Promissory Note (MPN) by signing-in using his/her personal user ID and password.
If a parent is approved, but he/she chooses not to borrow PLUS (parent’s loan), other resource or in-school payment must be arranged to cover student’s balance due.